Derek A. Storm
1959, Mattoon, IL
Workers’ Compensation Defense
Derek joined Garofalo, Schreiber, Storm & Grant, Chtd. in 1990. Derek graduated cum laude from Eastern Illinois University in 1981 where he received his Bachelor of Arts degree. In 1984, he received his Juris Doctorate from DePaul University College of Law in Chicago, Illinois. In 1989, Derek earned a Masters in Laws degree from University of London, Kings College of Law, with an Award of Merit in Commercial and Corporate Law. Derek has a reputation among his peers and clients as an excellent trial lawyer and legal scholar.
Derek is a frequent lecturer on the topics of workers’ compensation defense before a variety of business groups. He has also presented numerous seminars and developed mock trials for insurance companies and employers. From 2009 to 2012, Derek was the keynote speaker at the Illinois Chamber of Commerce Workers’ Compensation Annual Conference.
- AV Preeminent LexisNexis Martindale Hubbell Peer Review rated for Ethical standards and legal ability, the highest rating.
- Leading Lawyer Network Top 5%
- Board Member of the Workers’ Compensation Lawyers’ Association (2000-2003)
- Officer of the Workers’ Compensation Lawyers’ Association (2003-2005)
- President of the Workers’ Compensation Lawyers’ Association (2006)
Memberships and Affiliations
- Federal Bar of the United States District Court of the Northern District of Illinois
- Chicago Bar Association
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers’ Association
- Illinois Chamber Commerce